January 13th Flashmob 3:30 – 5:30 pm inside of the Exhibition Berlin Global at Humboldt-Forum
A social OR an open city?
Commitment to my community OR to the world?
Protect OR change what we have?
In the exhibition Berlin Global at the Humboldt Forum, you have to decide.
The rooms are connected by two passageways.
The two passages are each labeled with a statement on a social topic.
The statements seem to exclude each other.
You can only pass through one of the passages and thus agree with a corresponding statement.
This decision is registered by a wristband.
This triggers a sound. All visitors have different tones. The system saves the last passage passed.
At the end of the exhibition, participants are assigned to a spectrum of values based on their decisions.
The exhibition deals with important and complex issues of living together in a city. By focusing on just two options, it provokes a discussion of these issues. We take part in this debate by performatively questioning the premise of the arrangement – namely that the pairs of statements are opposites.
Come and join in and bring your friends!
In the exhibition Berlin Global at the Humboldt Forum
Schloßpl. 1, 10178 Berlin
between. 15:30 and 17:30
1. At the entrance to the exhibition, the museum staff will give you a wristband with a sensor and an introduction to the exhibition.
2. Register to use the sensor (this will also be explained to you by the museum staff).
3. Choose a passage where you would like to start.
4. Walk in a circle through the two passages for a while. The pace and direction are up to you. You do not have to walk alone. The more visitors walk through the passages, the more sounds you will hear. Try to create soundscapes with someone. Stay here or choose another pair of statements after a while and repeat point 4.
5 You decide when to start and end your performance.
6. In between you can step out and step back in.
7. Do not talk during your performance.
8. Treat the exhibition with respect.
9. Perhaps arrive a little early to familiarize yourself with the space.
10. The flashmob ends at 17:30 at the latest, and if you still feel like it, let’s meet up at Café Cinema at Hackescher Markt.